I have a PSA… Pumpkin Service Announcement…
The ultimate easy, no-bake protein bites, perfect for a healthy snack or breakfast. You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe. Plus, who can resist pumpkin flavored snacks this time of year? I certainly can’t!
These delicious little bites are great for keeping in the fridge for when you need something fast. The best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any fancy equipment – just a bowl and a spatula!
Tips for making:
- If the dough is too sticky, add some more oats or refrigerate immediately to firm up.
- If the dough is too dry, try adding a bit more maple syrup to the oat mixture.
- Make a big batch and store in the freezer for later! These protein bites will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.
Ways to modify:
This recipe is also very flexible and adapts well to most diets. Here are some optional substitutions:
- Have a nut allergy? No worries. Try swapping nut butter for sunflower seed butter.
- If you’re vegan, you could swap the protein powder for your favorite vegan brand.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Honey works just as well to bind these bites together, while adding a subtle sweetness to the protein bite.
- To make these protein bites dairy free, use Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
I encourage you to test out this recipe using different kinds of nut butters, protein flavors, or even different kinds of chocolate. Here are some recommendations:
- ground flax seed or hemp seed
- chopped nuts such as; almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts
- chopped dried fruits such as; cranberries, apricots, or raisins
- shredded coconut
- m&ms or a different flavored chip
I seriously cannot wait for you to try this recipe. Make sure you share your creations on Instagram for a chance to be reposted!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of oat mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until oat mixture is gone.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes until protein bites harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!