This Chicken Fajita Ring is a twist on my Taco Ring & Everything Bagel Breakfast Ring recipes, both of which are wildly popular recipes on my blog. This recipe has a cheesy chicken filling with the perfect amount of spice and can be topped with all of your favorite fajita toppings.
Tips for making:
- Use your favorite store bought fajita spice mixture. I buy mine in bulk from a spice store, but a seasoning packet would work just fine.
- Any shredded Mexican cheese blend will work. I used quesadilla cheese, but taco, nacho, or Mexican cheese blend will work just as well.
- Feel free to swap any of the peppers to your preference. For some extra heat, add a chopped jalapeno pepper.
- Brush the tops of the crescent dough with an egg wash so the tops get golden brown while baking.
- Sprinkle the crescent ring with some Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joe’s. This adds a little bit of spice to every bite.
I often get asked how to assemble these rings. I always use 2 packages of crescent rolls on a 9×13 baking sheet. This will feed 4-5 people. Here are some of my tips:
- Spray the baking sheet with nonstick spray. You could also line the baking pan with foil for easy cleanup, but I would still spray the foil so the crescent dough doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Lay out the crescent triangles so that the bases of the triangles slightly overlap and the tip of the triangle is pointing outwards. There should be an oval or circle in the middle of the pan.
- Add the mixture to the bottom third of the triangle and evenly distribute around the entire ring.
- Fold the tips over the filling and tuck under the bottom of the ring.
- Darker pans require less baking time. Keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn, but adjust time accordingly. I usually bake my rings for 20 minutes.
Pictures below of step-by-step to show the process, but for a check out the reel on my Instagram feed for a full video of how to assemble this recipe.
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- quesadilla cheese or any Mexican cheese blend
- shredded lettuce
- avocado / guac
I hope you enjoy this twist on my classic ring recipes. It’s tasty and delicious!
Chicken Fajita Ring
- poblano pepper diced
- green bell pepper diced
- 3-4 mini sweet peppers [optional] diced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1½ tbsp fajita seasoning mix divided
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup quesadilla cheese shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 packages reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- shredded lettuce
- quesadilla cheese
- Preheat oven to 375℉ or recommended temperature on crescent roll package.
- Dice green bell pepper, poblano pepper, mini sweet peppers, and onion. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook ground chicken breast. Once fully cooked, add 1tbsp of fajita seasoning and 2 tbsp of water. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a another medium skillet. Add vegetables and ½ tbsp of remaining fajita seasoning. Saute until onions are translucent and peppers are slightly charred. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to chicken mixture. Add quesadilla cheese and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange crescent triangles (wide end) in a circle on a 13-inch round baking stone or baking sheet, with the bases overlapping in the center and the points facing the outside. It will kind of look like a sun with hole in the middle. Add mixture around the ring. Fold points of the triangles over meat filling and turn under the base in the center.
- Brush egg wash over the tops of the tortillas. Sprinkle with Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning.
- Bake 20-25 minutes according to the crescent roll package instructions or until crescent dough is golden brown.
- Add desired toppings and serve!
You may also love:
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply