Five ingredients. Twelve minutes. The best salad crunchy topping ever!
I personally gravitate towards salads with lots of toppings, especially those salads with a little extra crunch. Insert this crunchy salad topper. Once you make this easy salad topper, I guarantee you that you’ll always want to have some stored for the impromptu salad… Might as well just double this recipe and start making it in bulk. 🙂
The five ingredients you’ll need to make this salad topper:
- Ramen Noodles
- sunflower seeds
Once cooled, you could also add any sort of dried fruit such as raspberries or cherries.
Salad recipes to use this crunchy salad topper:
This salad topper would be good on most salads, but I use the most on these two Right Back Spatula salads:
- Arugula Salad with Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Salad with Fried Goat Cheese and Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
How to store this crunchy salad topper:
Right, wrong, or indifferent, I always eat more salads if I have this ready made salad topper on hand. I store my salad topper in an air tight container up to 1-2 weeks, although it rarely lasts a full 2 weeks. 🙂
And with that, I think this will officially go down as the shortest blog post in Right Back Spatula history… I hope you give this salad topper a try! 🙂
Crunchy Salad Topper
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 packets ramen noodles spice packet discarded
- ½ cup almonds slivered or sliced
- ½ cup sunflower seeds unsalted
- 2 tbsp quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add crumbled ramen noodles (discard spice packet, almonds, sunflower seeds, and raw quinoa to a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in the microwave and drizzle over ramen noodle mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until salad topper mixture turns golden brown. Remove from the oven cool completely before adding to salads. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply