It’s no lie that I love chicken sausages. This recipe makes for a flavorful, filling yet light, fresh meal that is easy to put on the table.
What type of sauce do you like? Red sauce? Meat sauce? Pesto? Creamy sauce? Pesto? Olive oil? Melted butter?
I have found that I am most drawn to pasta dishes with fresh pesto or a cream sauce. Occasionally, I’ll select a pasta dish with a red sauce, but it never fails that some of it ends up on my shirt. HA!
With an increase in dietary restrictions over the past decade, this meal is great for anyone that is gluten-free, but still craving a bowl of pasta.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission should you make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these products and ingredients anyways, and you will too!
What will you need?
This recipe requires little equipment, which is ideal for cleanup. For this recipe you will only need a skillet and vegetable spiralizer.
- Vegetti or any vegetable spiralizer such as this one from Amazon
- Chicken sausages, flavor of your choice
- Zoodles, store bought or spiralized at home
- Pesto; store bought or homemade (recipe linked here)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh herbs
You could always replace chicken sausages with chicken breast or shrimp too if that is what you already have on hand.
How to make this meal:
It is easy…
- Simply cook your chicken sausages in a cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the skillet and saute the zoodles for 1 minute. It is important not to overcook zoodles, or they will become soggy.
- Spoon in some pesto and add your cherry tomatoes. Cook 1-2 minutes until tomatoes burst.
- Plate and garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs!
If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram!
Chicken Sausage w/ Pesto Zoodles & Tomatoes
- Vegetti or any vegetable spiralizer
- 1 package Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage Smoked Apple Chardonnay
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2ish heaping tbsp Homemade Basil Pesto
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese garnish
- Fresh herbs garnish
- Slice sausages diagonally in 1/4” slices and set aside.
- Using a Vegetti (thick side), twist zucchini and make zoodles. Put in bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Over medium heat
sauté sausage slices until both sides are golden brown (approx 6-8min). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- If skillet is looking dry, add another tbsp(ish) of olive oil. Add zoodles and sauté for 1 min until all zoodles are evenly coated. Don’t want to overcook or they will become soggy.
- Add cherry tomatoes and pesto and continue cooking 1-2min until cherry tomatoes begin to pop.
- Stir in cooked sausage slices. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs for garnish. Enjoy!!
You may also love:
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply