Putting a spin on what we know as buffalo chicken dip with these Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowls. Cooked chicken sausages with buffalo chicken dip and chopped celery all layered on top of a bed of quinoa. To tame some of the heat, serve these bowls with some blue cheese or ranch dressing. OR add more Frank’s Red Hot if spicy doesn’t bother you!
A simple bowl to throw together with full of delicious flavor combinations. For this recipe, I used Kroger’s Private Selection pre-made buffalo chicken dip. It is located near their hummus, guac, and other pre-made dips.
These bowls can be made as a quick dinner, lunch, or even prepped for lunches, if we ever have to pack lunches again…
Tips for making this recipe:
- For added flavor, cook quinoa with low sodium chicken broth rather than water. This is the easiest way to add flavor without doing extra work.
- Choose a chicken sausage flavor that pairs nicely with the buffalo flavor. My favorite chicken sausage to use are the Simple Truth Spinach and Gruyere Chicken Sausages also found at Kroger. Gilbert’s Sausages is another brand of chicken sausages that I use often. Their chicken bratwurst or smoked gouda flavors would be delish in this meal.
That’s it! You’ll get the same flavors as buffalo chicken dip, but have a heck of a lot less guilt after eating this meal!
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, cook chicken sausages in a cast iron skillet or on a grill until golden brown (about 2-3 min in each side). Rest 2-3 minutes before slicing.
- Chop celery and green onions. Set aside.
- Assemble bowls; put quinoa in the bottom of a bowl. Top with sliced chicken sausage, scoop of buffalo chicken dip, chopped celery, and blue cheese. Garnish with sliced green onions.
You may also love:
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!