Do you throw away money in the trash can? The answer is no. So why do you throw away leftovers? Let me guess, you get sick of eating the same thing several days in a row. Trust me, I hear you! I live alone so this is a constant scenario I run in my head. What if I told you that you could transform your leftovers into a different meal? Take these Mini Naan Meatloaf Pizzas for example…
Let me set the stage here. One of the recipes I like to regularly make is the Turkey Meatloaf from Skinnytaste. I follow her recipe as written, but saute a couple of cloves of minced garlic and some chopped mushrooms with the chopped onions. I also add sriracha to the ketchup mixture to baste on top for some added heat. This is a great recipe, but eating meat several days in a row is less than desirable to me, which is why I have learned to re-purpose leftovers and essentially stop throwing away money.
Side note: Meatloaf is definitely an adult meal in my opinion. I remember dreading hearing the word meatloaf as a kid when I asked my mom what was for dinner. Needless to say, times have changed! 😉
Back to sharing more about these Mini Naan Meatloaf Pizzas. They can be made in 20 minutes and are very tasty!
I love to use Stonefire Naan Rounds because they are the perfect individual serving sizes to use as an appetizer or to eat as a meal. Plus, whatever you don’t use, you can freeze for later. There are also larger options if you’re making this meal for your family. And if you’re not a fan of pita breads or store-bought dough, you could make your own dough too. Pick whatever works best for you!
Another perk of using these rounds is that they are easy to personalize. If someone doesn’t like a specific topping, then they can leave it off. Naan pizzas don’t get enough hype, so I’m here to do them justice.
After placing the rounds on a baking sheet, evenly spread out the pizza sauce on each round. Keep in mind these are thin so a little bit a sauce goes a long way. No one like a soggy center.
If you don’t have meatloaf at home, thaw out some frozen meatballs. Those would work just as well! I also added some pepperoni on these rounds to use up what I had in the fridge. This is completely optional, but adds some extra Italian flavor.
Tips for Naan Pizzas:
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese. It’s the best cheese for making pizzas because of how it melts, browns, and bubbles while baking.
- Layer the cheese on top so it melts and holds the other toppings on the naan rounds. This helps keep the rest of the toppings in tact so when you bite into your pizza, not all of the cheese comes off at once. I know we’ve all been there.
- Broil the last couple of minutes in the oven. This will help you achieve that golden brown finish on top!
- Garnish to make them look restaurant quality! 😉 I used freshly chopped basil, but parsley would work just as well.
And that my friends is how you make a completely new meal using leftovers from your fridge. Enjoy!
Mini Meatloaf Naan Pizzas
- Stonefire Naan rounds
- 2 tbsp Pizza sauce per round
- pepperoni optional
- 1 tbsp chopped meatloaf per round
- fresh Mozzarella cheese
- basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400° degrees F.
- Place mini naan rounds on a baking sheet. Evenly spread sauce on top of round.
- Add pepperoni slices and meatloaf on top of the sauce. Top with fresh pieces of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. Broil for the last 2-3 minutes keeping a watchful eye so they don’t burn.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made!