Are you team sports or team snacks? I think it’s pretty obvious that I’m team snacks! HA! I live for a good Super Bowl Sunday spread. Chips & Dip. Finger foods. Fried food. The occasional veggie. Cocktails. I love it all!
I’m rounding up my favorite Right Back Spatula tailgate recipes all in one blog post to save you time from searching around. This round up is in no particular order and is meant to showcase the best of the best!
My Favorite Cheesy Dips:
Dips are always a staple for any big spread. Let’s be honest, people hover around the table and quite frankly never leave until they’re gone. Sharing my top 6 cheesy dips (baked and cold) below.
1. The Best Spicy Corn Dip Recipe – This spicy corn dip is my most requested dip recipe. It’s unique, highly addictive and will most likely be one of the first items gone from your spread. It’s perfect for a large crowd.
2. Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip – This Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip will surely impress your guests and is completely guilt-free. Creamy, cheesy, and the perfect amount of spice. Grab your favorite veggies and cracker for dipping!
3. Creamy Pub Cheese Dip – Not all dips have to be hot bubbly dips. This cream pub cheese dip is a great make-ahead recipe to serve with pretzels or fresh vegetables.
4. Jarlsberg Cheese Dip – Came for the snacks, staying for the cheese dip? This Jarlsberg cheese dip is another make-ahead recipe that is best served with crackers.
5. Corned Beef Dip Recipe – Cheesy, creamy, and topped with a nutty crust, this Corned beef dip is full of all the flavors from the classic Reuben sandwich! This dip is easy to make and one your guests will love!
6. Baked Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip – This Baked Caramelized Onion and Bacon Dip is a labor of love and worth every minute. Creamy, cheesy, and full of bold flavors. This dip is insanely delicious and essential for every spread.
My Favorite Sharable Snacks:
Confession time, this round up is making my stomach growl. One of the many reasons I love entertaining or attending house parties is to try all of the incredible recipes that other people bring to the table. It also inspires me to think of new recipes — I love when my mind wanders! 🙂
7. Game Day Sheet Pan Carnitas Nachos – Hosting, but don’t want a sink full of dishes? Try these sheet pan nachos that use precooked meat from Costco. Easy to prepare, easy to make, and the clean-up is nacho problem because it is just as easy, which is key when hosting.
8. Pimento Cheese Sliders with Fried Green Tomatoes – A delicious homemade slider recipe that is topped with two Southern favorites – Pimento Cheese and Fried Green Tomatoes. Green tomatoes might be hard to find this time of year, but these Pimento cheese sliders are still worth it without that crispy layer.
9. Mini Wonton Taco Cups – These wonton cups are great for any tailgate or watch party on game day. They would be equally as good for Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo.
10. Mini Meatloaf Naan Pizzas – Individual serving size pizzas using delicious leftover meatloaf. Don’t feel like making meatloaf? Use frozen meatballs instead and you’ll still end up with a tasty app for a crowd.
11. Taco Ring – The perfect appetizer where those pesky picky eaters and choose their own toppings! 😉 The Mexican flare with the cheesy filling instantly draws a crowd. Guests love when they can build-their-own anything.
12. Mini Chicken & Waffles. This isn’t much of a recipe, more so assembly, which is why I don’t have a dedicated blog post for this app. Plan ahead and grab some nuggets from Chick-Fil-A on Saturday (they’re closed on Sunday’s), reheat them and add them on top of a mini eggo waffle. Drizzle with your favorite maple syrup and garnish with parsley. These will be gone!
13. Spicy Chex Mix – Once you make this made from scratch Spicy Chex Mix, you won’t ever be putting a store bought bag in your cart again — You’ll be hooked!
14. Jalapeno Cheddar Football Cheese Ball – No matter who you’re rooting for, surely this Jalapeno Cheddar Football Cheese Ball will be the MVP of your tailgate spread. A cheesy football with a little bit a heat, completed covered in bacon. The best play in my book. For step-by-step instructions, check out the reel on my Instagram!
15. Elote Chex Mix – Chex Mix with a Mexican flare that you’ll surely love elote! 😉
My Favorite Drinks & Desserts:
Last but certainly not least, what’s a party without drinks and desserts?
16. Dessert board – Since the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day are only 1 day apart, make a festive dessert board so share with all your friends. Grab all of your favorite cookies and treats. Add some dips such as; nutella, cookie butter, chocolate hummus, etc. YUM! Simple and easy!
17. Blood Orange Cocktail – Take advantage of citrus season and make one of these vibrant cocktails. Refreshing, fruity, floral, sweet and utterly delicious. These blood orange cocktails provide the perfect balance of flavors and go down easy.
18. Healthy Fruit Salsa – Love at first bite. This healthy fruit salsa is delicious and has no added sugar. This recipe is the perfect healthy appetizer for any spread.
19. Homemade Dried Citrus – Dried citrus is perfect as a garnish in your favorite cocktail, dessert or charcuterie board! These slices not only look elegant, but they are edible too!
20. Spicy Blood Orange Margaritas – This margarita is slightly spicy and SO irresistible. It would pair perfectly with the Taco Ring mentioned above.
That’s it for the round up! Hopefully this gave you some ideas of what to make for the big game! Can’t wait to hear what you end up making!!
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. I would appreciate if you rate and review any recipe you try. And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply