Ahhhh Fall is in the air and also back in my kitchen. Out of all four seasons, I enjoy Fall foods the most. By this point in the year I’m ready to rotate soups back into my meal planning, squash, apples, pumpkin and all fall flavors. Fall foods make your house smell wonderful while cooking. It’s better than any scented candle. Not to mention there is just something cozy about biting into fall flavored foods.
This meal is super simple to make. It is giving a packaged ravioli an upgraded flavor with a few simple ingredients, which you all likely have at home.
How to brown butter:
Browning butter is very simple. It is the process of cooking down unsalted butter to turn the milk solids slightly brown (we don’t want burnt butter 😉 ), while pulling out the water. Brown butter has a nutty, deeper, richer flavor than regular melted. And once you learn how to brown butter, there is no turning back. Brown butter > butter. If I haven’t convinced you yet, have you ever had brown butter cookies? This might forever change your mind!
Here’s a link to a couple of helpful YouTube videos that break down the process.
Once your butter is browned, add some salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. I like to use chopped rosemary, thyme or sage to enhance the fall flavors. Top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you’ll have dinner on the table within 15 minutes!
Brown Butter Pumpkin Ravioli
- 1 package Trader Joe's pumpkin ravioli
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (I like rosemary, thyme, or sage) chopped
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil water in a pot and cook ravioli according to package.
- While ravioli is cooking, start your brown butter sauce. In a shallow skillet, melt butter on medium high heat, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until butter begins to foam… keep stirring (~5min total). Butter will begin to brown. This happens fast so immediately turn off your heat and remove from burner.
- Add in freshly chopped herbs,pinch of salt/pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir until incorporated. Flavors will fuse together and will easily become the quickest most delicious sauce ever! Add ravioli to pan and stir until evenly coated.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Garnish with fresh herbs!
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!