This easy dinner comes together in just twenty minutes and is bringing the heat! Transform Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi into this delicious casserole with a homemade buffalo sauce and shredded rotisserie chicken.
A casserole in just 20 minutes? Yep! You heard me right. Most of the cooking is done on the stove top, but at the very end we pop this beauty into the oven the last few minutes to melt the cheese on top. That’s how we get away with calling it a casserole! 😉
I came up with this recipe because of my love for buffalo chicken dip. But with the absences of tailgates and parties, I’m nowhere near hitting my buffalo chicken quota for this time of year and something had to be done. If you like buffalo chicken dip like me, I think you’re really going to like this recipe.
The homemade buffalo sauce masks the cauliflower gnocchi, fooling just about anyone that doesn’t love vegetables. Try it!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- unsalted butter
- white vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- cornstarch + water
Tips for making this recipe:
- Do not. I repeat DO NOT cook the cauliflower gnocchi according to the instructions on the package. It will turn out soggy and mushy and honestly, terrible. I’ve been there before. The best way to cook this gnocchi is in a non-stick skillet with a little bit of olive oil. Crisp up the sides so they’re golden brown, and that will bring out the best flavors no matter what sauce you’re tossing on them.
- Shred your rotisserie chicken ahead of time. I like to shred mine as soon as I get home from the grocery store. This makes meal prepping even easier because its ready to use.
- If the buffalo sauce is too spicy for your taste, cut the spice by adding some ranch or blue cheese dressing to the sauce mixture.
- Are you really against cauliflower gnocchi? Totally fine, swap it out for a regular potato gnocchi!
- sliced green onions
- blue cheese crumbles
- hot sauce
- ranch or blue cheese dressing
- sliced celery
Just as easy at it seems! Give this one a try and let me know what you think. And if you make this for someone that doesn’t love cauliflower, let me know if you fool them! 😉
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Gnocchi Casserole
- 2/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 2 pckgs Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Monterry Jack cheese shredded
- green onions sliced
- hot sauce for serving
- ranch for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add both bags of cauliflower gnocchi and saute until golden brown on each side, approx 10 minutes. ***DO NOT COOK ACCORDING TO PACKAGE! Adding water causes the gnocchi to become soggy.
- While gnocchi is cooking, make your homemade buffalo sauce. In a medium pot combine the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Add butter and whisk while it's melting. When butter is incorporated, stir in cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water. Whisk until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- Once gnocchi is cooked add shredded chicken and ½ cup of cheese. Carefully pour buffalo sauce over gnocchi and chicken, gently stirring to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Turn on broiler to high. Place casserole dish in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add sliced green onions. Drizzle with ranch dressing and hot sauce for serving.
You may also love:
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply