With baby / bridal shower season upon us, I know people are always looking for quick and easy recipes to serve. Ready in just twenty minutes, this Greek Tortellini Salad is easy to make and filling to eat.
But you don’t have to get married or have a baby to have this salad… TRUST ME! It’s also the perfect side dish to take to any cookout, potluck or bbq. 🙂
This is a fairly simple salad to make, but the combination of flavors is soooo good! All of the vegetables, along with the tortellini and dressing… there’s not much more to say than YUM!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- three cheese tortellini
- kalamata olives
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- Ken’s Greek Dressing
- fresh parsley
I like to use three cheese tortellini to keep the flavors neutral, but you could swap for any flavor tortellini or even an orzo pasta.
To me, salads are enjoyable because the possibilities are endless. For these types of salad, I don’t really have a set “recipe” to follow with specific measurements. I eyeball things until they look and taste right. Need more dressing? Add more. Want more cheese? Add it! Don’t like red onion? Leave it out!
Don’t be afraid to switch up the vegetables in this salad. Try adding artichokes, roasted red peppers, or even a different type of olive.
You could also make your own Greek Dressing, but Ken’s Greek Dressing is my go-to when I’m in a hurry.
If you’re looking to add some protein and make this salad into an entree, then grill up some chicken to serve on the side.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Yes, but I would recommend adding the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and fresh feta right before serving. They will get soggy if they sit in the fridge too long.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Copycat Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Orzo Spinach Salad, it’s very similar but is served over a bed of spinach.
In case you missed the other Salad Week recipes, you can catch up here:
- Strawberry Salad with Fried Goat Cheese and Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- Simple Broccoli Slaw Ramen Noodle Salad
- Family-Style Loaded Wedge Salad with Candied Bacon
- Tuna Salad Served Two Ways
Greek Tortellini Salad
- three cheese tortellini
- kalamata olives halved
- red onion chopped
- cucumber quartered
- cherry tomatoes halved
- feta cheese chopped
- Ken's Greek Dressing
- fresh parsley chopped
- Cook three cheese tortellini according to the package. To speed up the cooling process, rinse the tortellini in cold water. Add tortellini to a large serving bowl.
- Prepare red onion, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Add to the bowl.
- Gradually add Greek salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!