Do you have foods that remind you of a specific time in life? This dip immediately takes me back to my high school days. My friend Natalie, LOVED this dip. No joke, we used to buy it almost every weekend during the summer… and then we found out how easily we could make our own at home. GAME CHANGER!
Jarlsberg cheese dip is a mild, creamy cheese dip that is perfect for a tailgate or any friend get together. Don’t wait to try this dip!!
What is Jarlsberg cheese?
If you’re not familiar with Jarlsberg cheese, it is very similar to a Swiss cheese. It is a semi-soft, cow’s milk cheese, that originates from the country of Norway.
What you need to make this dip:
Jarlsberg cheese is primarily used for cooking, but it is equally as good for snacking. My favorite way to use Jarlsberg to make this creamy cheese dip.
- Jarlsberg cheese
- red onion
- garlic powder
Garnish this dip with parsley and serve this dip with your favorite cracker or pita bread.
Other ideas for using Jarlsberg cheese:
- melted on nachos
- used in a breakfast quiche
- used in a creamy pasta sauce
- melted on a burger or sloppy joe
- cubed in a pasta salad
I hope you enjoy this creamy dip! 🙂
Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- 8 oz Jarlsberg cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup mayo
- dash garlic powder
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Grate the Jarlsberg cheese and place it in a medium sized bowl. Add finely chopped red onion and gently stir in mayo and garlic powder.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with crackers.
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!
Leave a Reply