Love a savory morning pastry, but don’t love the homemade dough and mess? SAME. I don’t have the patience to make a homemade dough or pie crust for a quiche, which is why I love keeping puff pastry in my freezer for an easy weekend brunch.
This puff pastry is a simple, cheesy puff pastry breakfast using leftover Easter ham, asparagus. The perfect recipe to serve for Spring and Summer breakfast. The combination of Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses compliments the ham and add the most delicious cheesy texture without overpowering the ham.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission should you make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these products and ingredients anyways, and you will too!
Tips for making:
- Be sure to complete thaw puff pastry dough so it’s easy to handle and press into baking pan.
- Bake in an 8×8 baking pan. The edges of the puff pastry dough should slightly come up the sides after being pushed into the corners. This is to ensure the egg mixture and toppings will remain in the center while baking and not ooze to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Cooking time may vary based on equipment used. I typically bake this puff pastry in my Breville Air Fryer which typically takes 5-10 minutes less than my normal oven.
How do I serve this pastry breakfast?
This puff pastry breakfast can be served hot or cold. but also reheats well in an air fryer. Try serving this for a brunch with friends or any sort of shower. It’s only a few ingredients and easy to assemble.
Different variations of this puff pastry breakfast:
- Ham, broccoli, cheddar and Swiss cheese
- Sausage, bell peppers, and cheddar cheese
- Bacon, zucchini / yellow squash, and goat cheese
Spring Puff Pastry Breakfast
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 3-4 slices Swiss cheese cubed
- 2-3 slices ham cubed
- 3-4 stalks asparagus cuts diagonally
- ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup half and half or milk
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thaw puff pastry sheet. Prep other ingredients while this thaws.
- Cube Swiss cheese and ham. Slice asparagus. Set Aside.
- Make egg mixture. In a medium bowl, add eggs, half and half, ground mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until fully combined.
- Gently press puff pastry into the parchment lined baking pan. Add layers of ham, cheese, asparagus, and top with some sprinkled Monterey Jack cheese.
- Carefully pour egg mixture on top and transfer to the Air Fryer or oven (1)
- Bake 20-30minutes or until cheese is golden brown and eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove and cut into slices for serving. Enjoy!
You may also love:
- Right Back Spatula Breakfast Skillet
- Garden Veggie Cast Iron Frittata
- Fresh Strawberry Scones
- Peppered Candied Bacon
- Everything Bagel Breakfast Ring
I’d love to hear from you once you get the chance to make this recipe. Leave a comment below with your review or any modifications you made! And don’t forget to tag @rightbackspatula on Instagram if you take any pictures!